My latest Professional Learning Opportunity

Engaging with the AITSL Supervising Pre-service Teacher Modules

ASSESSMENT FRAMEWORK - AITSL

During this term, I was fortunate to secure a grant through AITSL (Australian Institute of Teaching and School Leadership) for my school, whereby were engaged with the Supervising Pre-service Teacher Modules produce by AITSL.  This process enabled me to work with three teachers to undertake the modules and to reflect on the benefits of these.  We were able to share in a number of days of professional dialogue and collaboration to discuss the ways that we could engage in processes that would lead to a more strategic, consistent and ultimately efficient and meaningful approach to working with pre-service teachers in our school.

The modules have proven to be highly effective in promoting conversation, encouraging us to reflect on our own practices and to share our experiences.  Working with three teachers from diverse backgrounds has meant that this process has been even more useful. 

• a teacher with many years’ experience in Queensland schools
  • a teacher with experience, but with an English background in education
  • a teacher with only four years’ experience from a Canadian background in education
  • and me – many years’ experience in a number of Queensland Schools in a number of leadership roles

This ensured that the learning was broad and the collaboration beneficial.

Once completing the modules, we have continued to collaborate to prepare a workshop for teachers from a number of our neighbouring schools. 

That process as well, a very rewarding experience; being able to incorporate varying perspectives, to merge ideas and to develop a framework for presenting and sharing. 

We produced a Blog as the take-away for the day, and the place where we were able to share our learnings and to guide our thinking.

A very successful learning experience  – workshop notes will be added at the completion of the day.

Our Blog – Supervising Pre-service Teacher Workshop – Link to Blog